Why do you need a mobile-friendly website?
- 63% of cell phone owners use their devices to access the internet
- 34% of mobile internet users primarily use their phones for internet access
- Of people who mostly use mobile internet, many don't own a desktop or laptop computer
Source: Pew Research Center
Responsive website design simply means that the visual appearance of your site scales to the size of any device's screen. Although there is a slightly higher investment, this option is more user friendly with a better long term ROI:
- You only need to make content changes in one place
- Maintain one website without the need for a mobile app
- Visitors see the full site and all its content, no matter what device they're using
- The content will be presented appropriately whether it's viewed from a large desktop monitor, a small laptop screen, a tablet, or a smartphone
SEPARATE MOBILE WEBSITE
The least expensive option is to create a separate mobile website, but there's a trade-off in convenience:
- A mobile website is completely separate from your website and must be updated separately
- You need to pick and choose which content you think mobile visitors will most likely want to see
- To see all of your website content, mobile visitors have to use a desktop or laptop computer
Mobile & Responsive Projects..
What does a mobile website cost?